- red onion
- 200ml tomato sauce
- 2 packs Galloway beef burgers
- 1 pack plain buns/rolls
- 1 pack cherry tomatoes
- 1 romaine lettuce
- 1 pack cheddar cheese slices
- 50 ml mayonnaise
- Start by heating a frying pan on medium to high heat then add a little oil and gently place the burgers in the pan
- Allow the burger to cook and nicely caramelize on one side before turning and repeating the process on the other side
- Once the burger is nicely caramelized place them in the oven and allow to cook through for 5 minutes
- During this time you can slice the tomatoes into quarters and the lettuce into squares. You can also slice the onion into thin slices
- Take the top part of the roll and along one side make 8 holes with a skewer. Take 8 pieces of thinly cut onion and slide them in to make the hair. Then take the tomato sauce in a squeezy bottle or piping bag and begin to draw your “monster” face on the top of the bun. You can use a small amount of mayo to make teeth/fangs! I like to use half a tomato as a big red nose!
- Take the burgers out the oven and cover with one slice of cheddar cheese and return to the oven for 2 minutes to allow it to melt.
- To assemble the burger place a slice of lettuce on the bottom bun with some tomato pieces. Place the burger on top with a little bit of tomato sauce followed by the monster face bun.
- This burger goes really well with curly fries.